Saturday 7 July 2012

My Inventions

LED white light bulb 

lightbulb was removed outdoor ! and socket cleaned as much as possible


this hole can almost fit some of the components


the 100 ohm and 2 x 220nF 400 V types


the 10uF is a 100V type, so plenty of margin here


tiny 4 pin rectifier almost visible in the heatmelt glue, yes this thing dont get hot at all !! so heat melt glue can be used.


Try to make it as compact as possible, for better fit in your lamp later


prototype board can be cut out and used as a stable holder for the leds


each little board was carefully serial connected and tested again to be sure it is right


I tried to spread the light in all directions, leds are quite directional specially before I grinded them flat


 using the capacitor ends as a supply base and the top leds as connections from the 2 and 2 boards, I got all the way arround without adding wires


making it straight and nice was not my main task, this is only a prototype to prove the NO LOSS supply is good


 The 220 ohm resistor can go anywhere in the diode chain, so I added it here and heatshrink'ed it with 2 layers


 it is clear the red leds are not same hipower technology, just bad luck


the beam width of the leds is terrible narrow, so to solve this, I simply grinded them flat ! this gives a much more nice diffused light
use sand paper or a table grinder, be carefull not to grind too deep into the led, just make it flat top and stop there.



 I feel confident to say anyone can make LED light at home and save big time !






No comments:

Post a Comment